Healthy gluten free carrot cake – If you follow my instagram and blog… you know I eat gluten! so this recipe may sound very out of my league… but I decided to make it because my mother makes this delicious carrot cake using Almond Flour which I wanted to replicate making it healthier without using processed sugars.
So, that is how this recipe was born! not with the intention of making it gluten free, but with the idea of making a healthier, super moist and delicious carrot to snack at home!
My goal is always to make baked goods tasty – I don’t have the intention of making something “healthy” and compromising the flavor on the way. And I feel this carrot cake is absolutely that! (Make sure to let me know how you like it!).
If you check the recipe below, this healthy gluten free carrot cake has no refined sugars and the ingredients are super simple! The bake takes 45 minutes, and you will have a super moist and soft carrot cake. I thought about layering it and filling it – but maybe next time?
What flours does this healthy paleo and gluten free carrot cake recipe use?
What sugar does it use?
It doesn’t use refined sugars. The recipe I created only has Maple Syrup but feel free to substitute it for Honey – I’ve done it with both and its equally yummy.
What oil does the carrot cake use?
I used coconut oil, but feel free to substitute it for the oil of your choice.
Is it dairy free?
It is! There is no dairy in this healthy paleo and gluten free carrot cake.
Check out more of my recipes here!
Healthy Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- Loaf Pan (9 inches by 5 inches)
- 2 Medium Size Bowls
- Kitchen digital scale
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 120 Grams Grated Carrots
- 80 Grams Coconut Oil
- 120 Grams Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 Units Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grate the carrots
- Grease your loaf pan
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients in a different bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a spatula until the mixture looks combined
- Put the batter in the greased loaf pan
- Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350°F
- Check the center of the cake using a toothpick or a knife to make sure it is done before taking it out of the oven. Otherwise add 5 minutes and check again.
- Let it sit at room temperature until it cools, or until the next day. Its super moist!Sit down and enjoy!